Does your camera’s battery drain charge pretty fast? Are you looking for the perfect replacement batteries for your digital SLR camera? Well, look no further because here is the review of the 10 best camera batteries in the market.
There are key features that you should consider before purchasing a battery for your camera. In this review, a couple of pros and cons of individual batteries are also discussed.
The review will make you find it quite easy to decide on the battery that best suits your digital camera.
- 1 Top 3 Best Camera Batteries Comparison Chart
- 2 Best Camera Batteries Review
- 2.1 1 RAVPower – Rechargeable Camera Battery for Sony
- 2.2 2 Canon LP – E6N Lithium-ion Camera Battery
- 2.3 3 Nikon 27126 EN-EL 14A Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery
- 2.4 4 Energizer – EL123APB Rechargeable Lithium Battery
- 2.5 5 BM Premium – LPE10 Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries for Canon
- 2.6 6 Sony – NPFZ100 Z Lithium Rechargeable Battery
- 2.7 7 Canon – NB -13L Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- 2.8 8 TalentCell – Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery
- 2.9 9 Powerextra – EN-EL14 Rechargeable Li-ion Replacement Battery for Nikon
- 2.10 10 ENEGON – Li-ion Replacement Battery for Canon
- 3 FAQs
- 4 Buying Guide: Things to Consider When Buying a Camera Battery.
Top 3 Best Camera Batteries Comparison Chart
RAVPower- Rechargeable Camera Battery for Sony
Canon Lithium ion Camera Battery
Nikon Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery
|Weight||7.2 ounces||1.6 ounces||4 ounces|
|Dimensions||5.3 x 4.8 x 0.9 inches||6.9 x 0.1 x 2.5 inches||0.6 x 1.5 x 2.1 inches|
|Rating||(4.4 / 5)||(4.6 / 5)||(4.6 / 5)|
|MAH (milliamp-hour )||1100mAh||1865 mAh||1230 mAh|
|Chemistry||Alkaline||Lithium ion||Lithium ion|
Best Camera Batteries Review
No Camera Battery leads to No Pictures. It is best for one to make preparations for unexpected moments and dead batteries. What better way to do so than to have the Ravpower lithium-ion battery and charger set?
This set gives the user a complete backup solution with two extra replacement batteries and a dual charger to keep the empty batteries charging while using one. The product can also come with a car charger ordered for.
The features, advantages, and disadvantages of this camera battery are as discussed below.
- Color black
- A weight of 7.2 ounces
- The battery capacity of 1100 mAh
- Comes with a DC dual battery charger
- Is accompanied by a micro-USB cable.
- Fabricated with several circuit protection features (short-circuit, over-charging, surge protection, and high-temperature) and a fire-resistant construction of a high-quality.
With a rating of 4.6/ 5, this camera battery is of a great capacity of up to1865mAh with an output voltage of 7.2V.
It is compatible with the LC-E6E and LC-E6 chargers. The camera battery runs on lithium ions hence it gives you the best alternative for a replacement. It also does not suffer unnecessary bulges.
- Has a battery capacity of 1865 mAh.
- Runs on lithium ions.
- Compatible with the LC-E6 and LC-E6E chargers.
It is also built to sustain and give the best performance even under extreme temperatures.
With a great capacity of 1230 mAh and a voltage of 7.2v, you can be sure it will deliver whenever you want to go for a photoshoot. This is the ideal battery for an enthusiastic photographer.
The pros, cons, and features of this camera battery are as talked about below.
- An MH-24 charger is used to recharge.
- In case of a necessity for calibration, the battery will issue a notice.
- Grey in color.
Energizer -EL123APB Rechargeable Battery is a photo battery. The product also works best with plenty of your everyday devices like game consoles. It has the ability to hold power for up to 10years.
Discussed below are its pros, cons, and features.
- Two lithium batteries of size 123.
- Used on power-intensive devices, for example, pagers, watches, calculators, pagers, and more.
- Up to a decade of storage life
This battery is designed especially for the Canon Rebel DSLR camera.
These rechargeable batteries are made to meet or exceed OEM requirements. They feature the latest technology in batteries, including voltage regulation, thermal circuit protection, and advanced circuitry.
The product features, cons and pros are as discussed below.
- Energy Storage Capacity: 1100mAh
- Voltage: 7.4 volts,
- Chemistry: Li-ion
- Quantity: 2 LPE10 Batteries
- Micro Fiber Cleaning Cloth
More power translates to longer shooting periods so that you can get the best out of your high-performance DSLR camera.
Discussed below are the features, pros, and cons of this product to help you decide.
- Has an electrical voltage of 7.2v
- It has a battery capacity of 2280 mAh
- The battery runs on lithium ions.
- Weight: 3.0 ounces
- Dimension: 1.56 x 0.91 x 2.13
The product has a long life span of up to 3 years hence it will not require you to keep replacing it on a regular. It offers photographers with more than 1000 recharge cycles and is durable too.
Avoid being caught off guard with a dead battery during a photo session.
Product pros, cons, and features are as discussed below to help you decide.
- Has a battery capacity of 1250 mAh
- The battery’s voltage is 3.6v
- Runs on lithium ions
- Is rechargeable.
- Has a weight of 16.0 ounces
- Dimension: 3.9 x 2.4 x12 inches
For a photographer, the worst nightmare is when your battery dies while in the middle of capturing a moment and you have no way of recharging.
The rechargeable battery pack can be recharged without limitations.
This is because the Talentcell battery is engineered for a slow charge process and takes up to 10 hours to charge completely.
Below are the product features, cons, and pros to assist you in deciding.
- Has a battery capacity of 600 mAh
- The battery’s voltage is 12v
- Chemical ions: lithium
- Has a USB output.
- The charger has an LED indicator to show the recharging progress when a battery is plugged in to charge.
- Accompanied by a female to male power splitter cable.
9 Powerextra – EN-EL14 Rechargeable Li-ion Replacement Battery for Nikon
When one has the power extra 2x powerful batteries and a dual USB charger, the stress about batteries dying sooner is reduced.
The batteries can be charged by power bank, laptop, car charger or any device with a USB port perfect for an outdoor power supply. It is compatible with a majority of the Nikon D series.
The product cons, pros, and features are as discussed below.
- Capacity: 1500mAh
- Voltage: 7.4V
- Battery type: Li-ion
- Input: 5V/2A
- Output: 8.4V/0.8A
- The battery has over-voltage protection.
- It is compatible with multiple Nikon series.
- The power extra is ideal for photography.
- The battery is also quite long lasting considering its capacity.
- It has a long lifespan of up to 3 years.
- The battery does not ship to other counties apart from the USA.
- It is relatively pricey considering its charge doesn’t last 400 shots.
10 ENEGON – Li-ion Replacement Battery for Canon
ENEGON- Li-ion Replacement Battery for Canon is also an ideal battery for photography. It helps the user capture the moment fully with ease.
Like any other battery, it has its own pros, cons and unique features as discussed below.
If you are looking to get a replacement for your Canon LP-E8 battery, this is the battery for you. With the large capacity of 1800mAh, you can be sure it will last you a whole day’s shoot that helps you capture memorable moments each day.
The batteries have a relatively long lifespan of about 3 years hence you will not need to buy another replacement any time soon.
The features, pros, and cons of this battery are discussed below.
- Replacement Battery for Canon LP-E8.
- 1800mAh battery capacity.
- Dual Battery Charger (Input:5V/2A, Output:8.4V/0.8A*2)
- LED lights to show recharge progress.
- Micro USB cable
- 100% Compatible with Original LP-08 hence adding you more time for shoots.
- It’s of HIGH CAPACITY & QUALITY. Premium cells create the quality of these batteries to bring you longer video recording and more photo shoots.
- Its RAPID DUAL CHARGER Charges 2 batteries simultaneously from any USB power source.
- You are informed through the LED lights whether the charge is complete or not.
- It’s accompanied by a USB cable so you can charge it even from your PC.
- Built-in multiple circuit protection (short-circuit, over-charging, high-temperature, and surge protection)
- Comes with an 18-month warranty in case of defects from the manufacturing side.
- The product does not ship to countries other than the USA and European countries.
- It is relatively pricey considering its charge doesn’t last 400 shots.
- The battery’s compatibility is limited to a few Canon cameras.
1 How many types of batteries do cameras use?
There are different types of batteries that digital cameras use. From the ones that run on lithium ions, to NiMH ions, to alkaline. These also vary in performance and reliability. It is best to know which one will get the job done without interfering with your camera’s performance.
2 Which type of battery is best recommended for use in a digital camera?
For a digital camera, you would want to look for a battery that’s authentic and manufactured by the company that made your camera. Look out for counterfeits as your camera will reject them and switch itself off for safety. Make sure to buy only a battery that’s compatible with your camera, even if it is pricey, for best results.
Buying Guide: Things to Consider When Buying a Camera Battery.
In as much as you are in a serious search of a replacement rechargeable battery for your lovely camera, there are a few things you would want to check for before buying.
Authenticity– Make sure to buy batteries that are not counterfeits or the original. The OEM Requirements for the camera battery in question should guide you.
Compatibility– Be sure to only purchase batteries that are compatible with your camera. You do not want to own batteries that will lie idle in your shelves.
Capacity– Look for batteries that have high capacities to avoid being caught off guard when you want to capture those great, once in a lifetime moments.
Lifespan-check to verify that the battery you are about to buy has a long lifespan. You do not want a battery that will die just after a few months of use.
Pricing– no matter the price of a battery, if the battery will give you value for your money then it is a must. Save up and get yourself the best battery from for your camera.
Safety– Be sure to buy batteries that guarantee your safety. If you have small children, avoid batteries that they can attempt to swallow and be choked out. Also, buy only batteries that have protection against overcharging and circuitry.
Bonus: Best 9V Batteries for 2019